Some just call it EDI. For the future of our business partners it is the first important step into digitization!
EDI plus JIT/JIS – the way to digitizing companies and automating business processes
What is EDI? And why is EDI so important for your just-in-time/just-in-sequence delivery?
Companies exchange standardized messages electronically with each other. This data exchange takes place automatically and is called Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
EDI enables business partners who work together on the basis of long-term business relationships to convert important business data (such as purchase orders, delivery notes, invoices and article catalogs) into standardized, structured data and send it within seconds. All data is transferred directly from one ERP system to another – across company and country boundaries. This way manual processing is eliminated, which reduces errors, accelerates processes and improves data quality.
EDI therefore improves the efficiency of your own organization, simplifies and intensifies business relationships with partner companies and gives companies a competitive edge over competitors who do not use EDI. Companies demonstrate both, competence and high service quality to their business partners. And in the automotive industry, “just-in-time/just-in-sequence” deliveries for batch size 1 are only made possible by EDI. Standardized data formats for messages and uniform communication channels for their transmission are prerequisites for the use of EDI. To achieve this, both business partners need suitable EDI software.
amotIQ has many years of experience in consulting and implementing JIT/JIS processes and EDI (SAP and non-SAP). The IDOC Monitor for JITplant optimizes the coupling of both systems. To simplify the management of IDocs considerably, amotIQ offers the amotIQ EDI/IDOC Monitor. Perhaps a combination of EDI with amotIQ JITplant as a decentralized on-site system is the right solution for you?
amotIQ supports your processes in a user-friendly way and reduces the time required for your administration by up to 70%.
Any questions? amotIQ automotive will be happy to assist you.
amotIQ JITplant Team
All advantages of EDI at a glance
- With EDI you make an important first step into digitization.
- Competitive advantages and enormous cost reduction through simplified and automated processes
- Business documents exchanged via EDI are faster, more efficient and less prone to errors than paper or fax documents.
- Accelerated and transparent business processes and message processing through data transfer within seconds – important e.g. for JIT/JIS processing in the automotive industry
- Intensification of business partner relationships through coordinated processes, master data and assortments (e.g. reduction of stock levels)
- High data quality due to correct data without manual interaction and media discontinuity (paper/data)
- Better adaptability to market changes (e.g. fast connection to trading partners)
- Fast Return on Investment (ROI)